Re: How to gain control over the system?

On 07/09/2017 03:11 PM, Kaj Persson wrote:
Hi Jimmy,
Well, I did not follow your suggestion exactly, but as people has said,
the root account is already and always  there, even it has not been
assigned a password. So, against my real whish, not to activate the root
account, I gave the command sudo passwd root, and entered a password.
And now I suppose I have burned my ships and have no way back...

But! Nothing has changed. I can still not enter program icons to the
panel, and not define keyboard shortcuts. If I sort the icons on the
desktop they still, after a cold start, come back in a completely other
order, dispite I had marked "Keep ajusted" (right click on desktop).

So...?
/Kaj

I don't do sudo nor do I top post. Maybe you should start over and this time use the net install, you will be given the option to install task mate.

Good luck.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Buster - KDE Plasma 5.8.7 - Intel G3220 - EXT4 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263