Re: How to gain control over the system?

From: davidson@freevolt.org
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

As they say[1],[2],[3], do not use a live image for installs.

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/06/msg00723.html
2. https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/06/msg00740.html
3. https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/06/msg00755.html

My experience with live images is that they include the installer and
a live image.  The gui within the live system most usually runs into
errors, while the installer from the initial grub-like menu works just like the
netinstall system.  I suspect the installer without booting the live
system has maximum resources available, while the live system
even as idle requires 15-20% of resources to run the installation
gui.