Re: "Bad file descriptor" error when restoring file

Le 08/07/2017 à 18:34, Reco a écrit :
>> Any idea?
>>
>> $ duplicity restore --gio --time=2017-07-06T08:14:08Z --force
>> file:///home/pierre/data/backup_pierre / --verbosity=9
>> --gpg-options=--no-use-agent --archive-dir=/home/pierre/.cache/deja-dup
>> --tempdir=/tmp --log-fd=22
> Sure. Don't ask duplicity to log its actions to file descriptor 22, as
> it is highly unlikely to be open.
> Skip '--log-fd' altogether.

Thanks, it fixes the problem indeed.

I am quite disappointed by deja-dup front-end as Nicolas George points
out and I will recommend to not use it. I will directly use duplicity
instead in the future.

So I have my backup but I wonder what is the best behavior in my situation?

I had this one issue with my SSD (erratic behavior, many errors and
corrupted files), smartmontools says it is clean now and the ssd is less
than one year old. fsck fixes the errors. *Am I good to do after
reinstalling the backup (so good version not corrupted of files)?* Or
should I do a complete reinstallation of Debian?

In fact, I wonder if there is a different between a repaired file-system
and a newly formated one in term of reliability?

Pétùr