Re: Problems with apt in a clean stretch install.

On Tue, 2017-07-04 at 20:50 +0930, Wayne Hartell wrote:
> > Er ... sorry that last email should read ".... Phil Wyett's
> > suggestion" in
>
> this thread.
>
> Yes, trying Phil's suggestion and will report back once I have had
> the time
> to explore it properly (several systems now exhibiting this
> problem). As a
> teaser, it seems that even software-properties-gtk creates the
> trusted.gpg
> file, but even with that file deleted (as per Phil) and sticking to
> the
> terminal and apt-get, I get the same key related errors. In fact if
> I use
> software-properties-gtk it seems to jam up on "Refeshing software
> cache"...
> has been going on one machine now over 30 minutes.

Hi,

I do not use the main server. I switched 'software-properties-gtk' to
use it and I also get a hang at the what seems the end of the 'reload'
process. In the terminal I see:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-
packages/softwareproperties/gtk/DialogCacheOutdated.py", line 86, in
on_pktask_finish
    results = self._pktask.generic_finish(result)
GLib.Error: pk-client-error-quark: E: The repository 'http://deb.debia
n.org/debian stretch/updates Release' does not have a Release file.
W: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
therefore disabled by default.
W: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
 (319)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-
packages/softwareproperties/gtk/DialogCacheOutdated.py", line 89, in
on_pktask_finish
    Gtk.ButtonsType.CANCEL, _("Error while refreshing cache"))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line
326, in new_init
    return super_init_func(self, **new_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py", line 537,
in __init__
    self._init(*args, **new_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line
326, in new_init
    return super_init_func(self, **new_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py", line
326, in new_init
    return super_init_func(self, **new_kwargs)
TypeError: could not convert value for property `transient_for' from
DialogCacheOutdated to GtkWindow

Using a mirror such as bytemark.co.uk, results in no issues here.

Regards

Phil

--
Playing the game for the games sake.