Debian Stretch Xfce Touchpad Settings Missing

Hi,

I use a Synaptics touchpad on my laptop. Normally on other distributions (Xubuntu, Manjaro, etc.), the mouse settings area displayed a tab to configure touchpad settings, but on Debian 9 that particular tab is missing, and because of it I'm unable to activate features like "tap to click", which is an inconvenience. Can anyone help me find a solution to this issue? I'm new to Debian and not really familiar with the way driver support works.

Thanks,
Apurv