Re: [Stretch] Fix for not network after installing without desktop

On Mon 26 Jun 2017 at 21:27:18 -0400, RavenLX wrote:

> I tried using ifup and also tried to edit the interfaces file and it didn't
> seem to work for me. I gave up and decided to do it within the installer
> terminal mode. Seemed a bit easier.

The installer doesn't have ifupdown but it can be used after first boot
to regain the connection. An /e/n/i stanza would have to be constructed
to replace the one deleted by d-i, of course. All good fun for newcomers
and those with poor memories and no access to a search engine.

If the situation is anticipated to arise, wireless connectivity can be
maintained by preseeding with

 netcfg/target_network_config=ifupdown

--
Brian.