Re: [Stretch] Fix for not network after installing without desktop

On 06/24/2017 05:38 AM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 23 Jun 2017 at 22:43:40 -0400, RavenLX wrote:

I want to share with everyone a fix for not getting network / internet if
you're installing Debian without a desktop (ie. not selecting a desktop AND
Unchecking the Debian Desktop Environment option).

If you install as I mentioned above and reboot, you get the command prompt
to log into (which is what I wanted so I could install minimal KDE as I
mentioned in another post). However, you can NOT get on the internet! Even
though the installer used the internet and set it up, the settings won't
stick. That's because the installer doesn't install network-manager into the
system!

Installing over a cabled connection gives a stanza in /e/n/i which
sticks. It is a bug if it doesn't. It is possible you have not
mentioned a crucial aspect of the way you installed.

You're right. I didn't. I was installing using WiFi (too much trouble/bending, etc. to plug in a friggen cable! :D )