Re: su won't work from a debian live USB install

Hello,

On 06/25/2017 07:20 PM, daniel theobald wrote:
I installed the Debian 9 from a Debian live amd64 image I downloaded today. Everything works great, but I can't su to apt-get anything new.

theo@debian:~$ su
Password:
su: Authentication failure

I have reinstalled twice, being super careful to get the password right, etc. But it simply doesn't seem to work on this version. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Assuming sudo is working properly, try resetting the root password:

$ sudo passwd root

--
Jim Ohlstein
Profesional Mailman Hosting