Re: pdf file is not read correctly

From: abelahcene@gmail.com

thanks a lot
I think it is an encoding problem.
When I open it  in embedde pdf reader in firefox, the a print it  as a pdf file I get same problem,
but if I print it as a PS file, the problem is fixed and the display is correct.

As far as I know this would make it a ps file renamed as .pdf?  This is a different format/language.
I'm pretty sure there are utilities that would read the one format and export the other.
But as others mentioned, a pdf file produced by acrobat will always work everywhere, while those
that are exported by other software may not be equally accessible by all pdf viewers.

So the problem is in " pdf font" ?
by the way pdf uses  font?

Not always, you may look at a pdf text document and all there is is a picture of a printed page
which only ocr could possibly convert back to text.  So there is no fonts or text in a picture.
Usually you find this in scanned documents or from authors that do not want you to copy/paste
their text.  An easy way to tell this would be to click and drag the mouse as in blocking text and
see if it can actually copy lines.  In a picture you can only copy the whole page as an image,
but no text.

thanks again
regards

no problem, but the way this works on the list is that whoever responds may not always
know everything, so others correct their responses, and knowledge gets dialectically
refined.  If what I stated here is wrong you can bet people will jump and correct me, so
we both learn from them, if they are right!