Re: cifs boot time mounts fail after ugrading to Stretch

Wow Greg, youre awesome !

Le 20/06/2017 à 14:10, Greg Wooledge a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:00:14AM +0200, guy@posteurs.com wrote:
>> The problem is that systemd does not wait for DHCP addresses to be
>> obtained.
>> Being new to systemd I could not succeed in finding the right parameters
>> and dependencies in order to have the mounts wait till we have an IP
>> address.
>> I tried remote-fs.target, network-online.target, and other hacks with no
>> success.
>
> I can't help with CIFS mounts from fstab specifically, but I did learn
> a thing or two about network-online.target in Debian due to a similar
> issue with nfs-kernel-server.
>
> network-online.target only cares about interfaces that are listed as
> "auto" in /etc/network/interfaces.  Not allow-hotplug.  It has to be
> auto.
I would never have guessed this allow-hotplug thing.
Thank you very much.

> Once you mark your interfaces as auto instead of allow-hotplug, then you
> can create a dependency on network-online.target and have it actually
> work.  I did so for the nfs-kernel-server package, which uses a systemd
> service named nfs-server with an alias of nfs-kernel-server... and yes,
> it took me a while to figure *that* mess out too.  Lesson #2: never try
> to create a drop-in override for an *alias* name of a service.  You must
> determine the actual non-alias name first.

Hope I will remember. From now on, it looks like we will have to become familiar with systemd.

> See <https://bugs.debian.org/860264> for more details.

Dont you feel a bit alone there?

And sorry for the direct post to your mb,

--
guy