Re: Stretch--no network interfaces

From: ad44@cityscape.co.uk

@ Do you not find it disturbing that someone can install Debian and not
@ end up with a network connection? d-i is (generally) very good at doing
@ this. It is one of its many strong points.

The new installer iso seem twice the size of their predecessors, or did I see
something wrong?
From skimming through the release am I to understand that if one installs 8.8
and upgrades to stretch they will not have this problem/change unless they intent
to manually switch.  Weird?
So when one reports a bug (network related) from now on, if they are just indicating
installation and architecture they must also specify the interface used

From release:
This change does not apply to upgrades of jessie systems; the naming will continue to be enforced by /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules. For more information, see /usr/share/doc/udev/README.Debian.gz or the upstream documentation.

--
Brian.