Re: Debian installer not finding free space

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:18 PM, David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
Boot the Debian installer and get to a recovery console prompt.

Run lsblk (8) and determine the device node for your ~500 GB drive (it should be /dev/sda, but you should confirm this):

    https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/util-linux/lsblk.8.en.html

    # lsblk

Then run parted (8) to see how the disk is partitioned:

    https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/parted/parted.8.en.html

    # parted /dev/sda u s p free

Take a photograph of the screen with the two commands and their output, upload, and reply with the URL.

Sorry about that, I am usually busy during the day with either work or school. I am unsure how to enter this recovery console mode you are talking about. I have the Debian installer pulled up, but am not sure where to go from there.