Re: Downgrading specific packages with apt

UTC Time: June 10, 2017 7:42 AM
From: solitone@mail.com

On Friday, 9 June 2017 23:38:40 CEST Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> I've never downgrade using apt, but with synaptic it's not too hard,

Hi Jimmy, and thanks for your reply. I'm under Plasma Desktop, so I don't have
synaptic--I use KDE's Discover. Although I use it only for automatic updates.
For installing/removing packages, as well as setting a package on hold, I use
apt. I'd rather use apt for downgrading as well.

dpkg

Put a package on hold:

echo "<package-name> hold" | sudo dpkg --set-selections

Remove the hold:

echo "<package-name> install" | sudo dpkg --set-selections

Display the status of your packages:

dpkg --get-selections

Display the status of a single package:

dpkg --get-selections | grep "<package-name>"

apt

Hold a package:

sudo apt-mark hold <package-name>

Remove the hold: