Re: dpkg error

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 09:46:46AM +0200, tony wrote:
> Anyone, please?
>
> On 30/05/17 16:21, tony wrote:
> > I'm trying to upgrade my packages, but am getting:
> >
> > root@picam1:~# apt-get upgrade
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Calculating upgrade... Done
> > The following packages will be REMOVED:
> >   uv4l-raspidisp-extras

Difficult to say. The package in question (uvl-raspidisp-extras) doesn't
seem to be part of Debian...

> > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> > 1 not fully installed or removed.
> > After this operation, 422 kB disk space will be freed.
> > Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
> > (Reading database ... 104725 files and directories currently installed.)
> > Removing uv4l-raspidisp-extras (1.5) ...
> > insserv: warning: script 'uv4l_uvc' missing LSB tags and overrides

The above seems harmless, but reveals some sloppiness on the part
of uvl-raspidisp's packagers.

> > insserv: There is a loop between service watchdog and uv4l_uvc if stopped
> > insserv:  loop involving service uv4l_uvc at depth 2
> > insserv:  loop involving service watchdog at depth 1
> > insserv: Stopping uv4l_uvc depends on watchdog and therefore on system
> > facility `$all' which can not be true!
> > insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
> > update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
> > dpkg: error processing package uv4l-raspidisp-extras (--remove):
> >  subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  uv4l-raspidisp-extras
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

There is an error in uvl-raspidisp-extra's post-remove script. You
have several options:

 - Yell (OK, be gentle and polite: after all they've worked for you
   for free :) at the packagers. Perhaps they have a mailing list?

 - try "apt-get remove --force-yes --purge uv4l-raspidisp-extras"
   This is somewhat risky, since you don't know what exactly broke
   in the postrm script and whether it has left sharp and/or flammable
   debris behind it.

 - try to debug the post-remove script. The script itself is located
   in /var/lib/dpkg/info/uv4l-raspidisp-extras.postrm (I'm assuming
   a Debian-ish layout). If you find anything of relevance, you should
   contact the packagers. It seems that the post-remove script is
   stumbling upon an unexpected condition.

   Those scripts are supposed to be idempotent, i.e. calling them
   several times in a row should have the same effect than calling
   them just once. But since the script is freaking out, tread
   carefully...

Good luck
- -- tomás