Re: transcode replacement to rip audio from video dvd

hobbes@poukram.net wrote:
> I have searched a lot, but I can't find a tool to just rip the audio
> part of dvd chapters. ffmpeg is more than capable to do the encoding
> part, but it lacks dvd ripping capabilities. HandbrakeCli could be a
> contender, but it absolutely wants to rip and encode video, which in my
> case is a waste of ressources.

  not directly related to dvd ripping but for the
encoding parts:

  pacpl is one i've used.

  when downloading the file check for alternative
formats which may make a lot of sense to avoid
having to download unneeded bytes and then convert.

$ youtube-dl -F will list them.

  songbird