Re: Error on install: Repository "couldn't be accessed"

On 05/26/2017 04:02 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 07:36:08AM -0400, RavenLX wrote:
On 05/23/2017 10:07 AM, Robert Hardy (r.hardy) wrote:
Err http://deb.debian.org jessie-updates/main Translation-en

In my setup it's:

http://deb.debian.org jessie/updates main contrib non-free

Note that it's jessie/updates not jessie-updates. Replace the hyphen with a
dash in your sources.list and update again. See if that works?

Why would it be jessie/updates? Looking at deb.debian.org/debian/dists
with a web browser, there is no updates/ folder under jessie/ but there
is a jessie-updates/ folder...

You're right. My bad. I was reading security.debian.org line and not paying attention. Sorry about that. Mr. Hardy has the correct URL.

Another thing he can try is to move the affected lists from:

/var/lib/apt/lists
/var/lib/apt/lists/partial

Do another apt-get update and see if that helps. If not, you can always put the lists back, if you need to. Generally doing apt-get update after moving the lists out of those directories will refresh those lists.

That works for bad checksums when checking for updates, but not sure if that will help in Mr. Hardy's situation. Worth a try, maybe?