Re: phpmyadmin ... need help!

On Wed, 24 May 2017 06:17:35 -0400
Fungi4All <fungilife@protonmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

The point being that throwing phpmyadmin away and reinstalling is
trivial, whatever the OS. As I said, it's just a few web server scripts.
Debian just makes it even more trivial, and makes setting up mysql just
as easy. We recently went through this with mariadb, and I discovered
that setting that up isn't so easy, since there is no postinstall script
supplied by Debian like the mysql one.

Had things been the other way around, and the OP had installed mysql
and twenty applications which use it, and they had all set up their
users and databases, and that lot had to be reinstalled... yes, that
would have been a big deal, in Debian or anything else.

--
Joe