where to report a bug for touchpad issues (was Re: Report bug.)

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 05:09:40PM +0300, G wrote:
> well my touchpad works when i start my laptop. Sometimes after a while
> it stop working. Touchpad works again after i reboot my laptop. I dont
> see how that is a hardware problem.
> I got more than two packages that match with the installed
> xserver-xorg-input-libinput - X.Org X server -- libinput input driver
> xserver-xorg-input-synaptics - Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server

Are you using X? (If you are using a graphical environment, the answer is
almost certainly yes)

You will be using just one of those two drivers I think. You can determine
which by reading /var/log/Xorg.0.log. That should indicate which of the two
packages to report a bug against. (But first please check the existing bug
reports to make sure it is not already reported)

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland