Re: puppy Linux reports problems with USB/network drive

Le 21/05/2017 à 04:56, Albert Hodge a écrit :

When I plugged it into the USB port it gave a warning message,  that the
NTFS -3g driver was able to mount the NTFS partition but says, Dirty
volume mount was forced by the "force" mount option. It is mounted
read/write, but advice is only write to it in emergency situation.
recommendation is boot windows and fix the filesystem first!!!!!

It's going to be a while before I can get a system built to run winxp,
is there a Linux option I can run on this old computer to fix the drive?

You can try ntfsck or ntfsfix from ntfs-3g (formerly ntfsprogs).
Use with caution.