Re: stretch not booting

> Let me know if I can provide anymore info or if this gives you any idea of
> what is wrong...

At the GRUB menu hit "c" and type

 set root=(hd0,msdos1)
 linux /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1
 initrd /initrd.img
 boot

and hit the ENTER key.

Do you boot into the OS?

No.  I get stuck again.

Something weird just happened, though.  I decided to try to disconnect the ethernet cable.  I started the computer and got to grub, but the keyboard was not working, so I could not select recovery-mode.  But the system booted fine in graphical mode (with keyboard and touchpad not working)!  I forced a reboot (still with ethernet disconnected), grub came up and the keyboard was working, but now it got stuck again.  I tried in graphical and recovery modes, both get stuck.

I am not sure if it is relevant at all, but the touchpad did not work during the installation, but it did work after I installed LXDE.

Thanks again for your help!