Re: A regression bug comparing Stretch to Jessie -was [Re: Doing a clean install with ATYPICAL constraints]

Richard Owlett wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>>   FTR there are recent bugs which sound similar
>> and discussion on the development and release
>> lists which talk about mariadb and the current
>> upgrade situation.
>
> Were you thinking of something in addition to
> debian-release, debian-devel, and debian-testing?

  mostly the first two, but there are also IRC
channels and the bug tracking list itself.

  if i am running a particular desktop i try to
follow whatever usenet groups the developers use
and or any mailing lists if they aren't echoed
by gmane.  plus: +

                \ /

>>   once you live on the bleeding edge it is worth
>> it to check the package bug lists and others to
>> see what is happening.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm using BTS efficiently.

  if i am working a lot with a particular package/
program i try to read through the bug reports that
are in there, along with checking the upstream
bug tracking to see what might be going on (if the
developers are active or what).

  in 99% of the cases i am only reading along as i
don't think i have sufficient expertise to comment.
mostly i take it as FYI so that i'm vaguely aware
of what is going on.  but then again for fun i also
skim at least one linux kernel list.  :)

  songbird