Re: Useable guide to first invocation of mariadb - where?

On 05/08/2017 01:51 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 05/08/2017 11:53 AM, Joe wrote:
On Mon, 8 May 2017 10:06:33 -0500
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

Random meandering thru the help system yields documentation of
"account management" on the microscopic details (with links into
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/account-management-sql-commands/ ).

*NO USEFUL OVERVIEW*
[snip]

I do not believe it has diverged far from the user interface of
mysql, and it will need to maintain backward compatibility for a
while, and there's plenty of this kind of thing around:

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/sql/mysql_beginner.html

That link doesn't have what I was looking for.
However it links to
http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/sql/MySQL_HowTo.html
which appears to.

Raised false hopes. It makes the unfounded assumptions that all installs go perfectly and thus gives no trouble shooting guidance :{

I've even had a go at purging and reinstalling *NO LUCK*
There have been tantalizing hints on this list that sometimes better luck can be had using aptitude or dpkg. Will be re-reading man-pages.

Somewhere I've notes directing output of a command to console and a file simultaneously. Then I'll have a record of what does and doesn't happen. Tried the 'script' command - output had too may non-ASCII characters in output file.