Re: Console fonts SOLVED :-)

On Sunday, May 07, 2017 08:54:26 AM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, May 07, 2017 08:49:13 AM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > ATM, I don't plan to try googling for them, but, having said that, after
> > I send this, I just might do that, as my curiosity is re-aroused.  If I
> > come across something, soon or further in the future, I'll try to post
> > it here.
>
> Oh, try googling and/or searching ebay for ["video projector"
> cellphone]--you will get plenty of links to explore.

Oh, two things:

   * on ebay, I found a lot of things that I'll call "passive" projectors,
which apparently consist of a cardboard box with a lens on the front (and
maybe one or more mirrors)--designed to have a cellphone placed in the unit
and then the image projected through the lens.  I would expect the image to be
pretty dim.

   * here's a "non-passive" one that seems to have lots of inputs, can use 12
VDC, etc.  (I've copied the specifications, below, and note that I picked this
one randomly from ebay--it was one of the ones near the top of the search
results):

60'' Multimedia Projector Home Cinema Theater HDMI VGA TV USB For PC Cellphone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-Multimedia-Projector-Home-Cinema-Theater-HDMI-VGA-
TV-USB-For-PC-Cellphone-/201423728262

I guess the fact that the native resolution is 640x480 but it can support
1920x1080 means that the image is "interpolated" (right word?) down to
640x480.  I suspect most of them work this way, but there may be exceptions.

<quote: paartial specifications>
Projection Technology	LCD
Native Resolution	VGA (640x480)
Supported Resolution	1080P (1920x1080)
Input Voltage(V)	100-240V,12V, 2000mA
Brightness(Lumens)	500
Brightness Range	100 to 999 Lumens
Aspect Ratio	4:3 and 16:9
Contrast Ratio	400:1
OSD Languages	Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, German,
French, English
Projection Screen Size (inch)	20-60 Inch
Projection Distance (m)	1.25-4M
Video Formats	3GP, MP4, H.264, MPEG, VOB, MOV, AVI
Audio Formats	ACC/ACC+, WAV, WMA, MP3
Picture Formats	JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, JPEG
Connectors	HDMI Input, SD Card Slot, USB, VGA Port, 3-in-1 AV In
Speakers Included	Yes, built-in
</quote: partial specifications>