Re: suspend/resume device [SOLVED]

thank you Cindy-Sue, I did have both of those files but the one with RESUME in
it and it did list a mysterious UUID device number (I don't know where it got
that as this is a desktop but it does get a  lot of dist-upgrades I'll admit)
so that's the one I removed and added 'none' in its place.

the other file /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf didn't mention the resume
device, so it had its own file. (maybe I should just remove that file?)

anyway, well done you and all the best.

--
CK