Re: Using -prune option of find to ignore hidden directories

Le quintidi 15 floréal, an CCXXV, tomas@tuxteam.de a écrit :
> Exactly. Try again in a directory with something in it, and you'll
> appreciate the whole power/curse of the thing :-)
>
> The shell takes a lot from the "ambient" (current directory, shell
> variables inherited through the dynamic path, etc.) and this makes
> for an incredibly concise language, but is an opportunity for incredibly
> clever bugs.

Note that it is a severe misfeature of the shell to have a very
different behaviour when a glob matches than when a glob does not match.

I have seen make commands fail because they contained unquoted "[a]"
arguments and someone just created a temporary file named a.

Fortunately, zsh fixes that: a glob that does not match either produce
an error or expand to an empty list.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George