Re: systemd: How to get suricata started at boot?

Am 03.05.2017 um 11:11 schrieb Hans:
> Hello all,
>
> I have installed suricata on my system, but it will not start at boot.
>
> When I manually start it, it is working well.
>
> As the document advises, I copied  /lib/systemd/system/suricata.service to
> /etc/systemd/system/suricata.service and tested with

You only need to copy suricata.service to /etc if you want to change its
contents. Even then, often drop-in snippets are preferrable, which only
override/extend the parts you need

> systemctl start suricata.service
>
> "ps -aux | grep suricata" showed me the running process. But after reboot, the
> process is not started automatically. As init is no more supported by
> suricata, but systemd,

The suricata package still ships a SysV init script, but if a systemd
service file exists, it takes precedence.

 how can I add this service into systemd, so that it is
> started automatically at boot? I am still not quite experienced with systemd.

systemctl enable suricata.service

will do the trick. That should be done by the package though.
I see you already filed a bug report [1] for that. The package should be
using init-system-helper/dh_systemd to help automate that.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=861732

universe are pointed away from Earth?