converting my local site to be https only access

Greetings all;

My web site (see the sig) is local, on this machine, in a pretty tight
sandbox, but not running https.

Where can I find a tut that is a complete instruction set to have it do
an auto-redirect to itself, but using the "s" stuff regardless of the
accessing client as long as the client can handle the https stuff this
conversion will return to the client?

I tried putting those 3 lines quoted numerous times at the bottom of the
httpd/conf/httpd.conf, but that killed local access so I assume it also
killed external access too.  And its failure did not generate an
error.log entry.

Something was said about the AllowRedirect settings in httpd.conf, but it
did not specify what to change it to. Currently several such entries
are "none"

I want to have it applied to the whole site. URL to the best tut please.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)