Re: BUG or OPERATOR error? - was [Re: Measuring aggregate internet useage?]

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote on 04/26/17 16:46:
> On Qua, 26 Abr 2017, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> I would go further saying iproute2 is non-functional due to being functionally
>> un-documented.
>>
>> https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/iproute2/ip.8.en.html is useless.
>>
>> Functional commands, for this thread's topic would be
>>   ip -s link
>> or
>>   ip -s link ls usb0
>>
>> No hint of either in so-called man page.
>
> There are man pages for each command, such as
> https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/iproute2/ip-link.8.en.html . They're listed
> in the SEE ALSO section, but there could be a mention higher up in the text
> advising the user to consult the specific pages.
>
> Also, typing 'man ip link' should work on the command line.

I'll second this. The ip command is nearly as complex as git. The CLI help
is also usefull, like

$ ip help

and then

$ ip addr help

In the end, may be, you're satisfied with the output of

$ ip -s -h addr s eth0

--
Regards,
jvp.