Re: Secure boot - Uefi installation

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Diamantis Karagkiaouris
<diamantis.karagkiaouris.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am really pissed off with the installation as it failed miserably.

If it fails after disabling UEFI, you probably have a machine with a
BIOS that doesn't really disable UEFI when you tell it to nicely. (I
hear some won't allow it at all. The entry is there in the BIOS
configuration screens, but it either does nothing or is trapped back
to UEFI on such hardware.)

> It asks me if i want to force uefi and then it fails on grub configuration.

What do you mean by force UEFI?

> In opensuse i didnt have this issue.
> I really like the idea of hands on but this is nonsense.
> In every upgrade of debian testing should i cross my fingers?

It sounds like there is something I don't know about what you are doing.

--
Joel Rees

I'm imagining I'm a novelist:
http://joel-rees-economics.blogspot.com/2017/01/soc500-00-00-toc.html