Re: Debian man pages - mechanics of creation/publication?

Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> writes:

> I've an idea for something to be added to some man pages.
> It has not risen even the "wishlist bug" stage yet.

With such vague description, answers can only be very vague and won't
address specifics of what you hope to do.

> To rise that far I have to convince myself that the modification of so
> many existing man pages could be automated.

Manual pages are produced by a multitude of different processes, from
documents in lots of different source formats. Automation of changes is
going to be very variable in how feasible it would be across the range
of those documents.

If you can be more specific about exactly what it is you want to do,
our answers can engage more specifically.

--
 \           “I was in a bar the other night, hopping from barstool to |
  `\     barstool, trying to get lucky, but there wasn't any gum under |