Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 02:57:35PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 06:37:03PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > Red Hat employees do have significant involvement in Fedora. This is true.
> > May I ask, what model would you prefer?
>
> Both, actually.

Your answer that follows indicates that you misunderstood my question.

Red Hat do indeed employ people who work on Fedora, much as the do for X,
GNOME, the kernel, systemd, and a whole raft of other technologies. Your
suggestion was that this impaired the independence of these projects. My
question is, what would be your ideal situation? How should people who work on
these projects get paid for their work? Or perhaps they shouldn't, and this
stuff should be strictly hobby only? Who should Red Hat employ, or to put it
another way, what should Red Hat employees do if not work in the open?

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland