Re: Systemd services (was Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...)

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
> [...]
>    Don't even get me started on sshd.service vs. ssh.service.  Do you
>    have any idea how hard it is to notice that extra/missing "d", and
>    figure out why things Simply Do Not Work?

Well, that demonstrates that the concept of tagging a "d" on the end
of a name to indicate the daemon part well predates systemd, and
probably should be reconsidered in a world where short names are no
longer required.

Not sure how that relates to the rest of the issues you are trying to
work through.

--
Joel Rees

I'm imagining I'm a novelist: