Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Wednesday 12 April 2017 20:42:37 David Wright wrote:
> > If you like to contribute to my lack of understanding and possibly
> > unsubstantiated criticism, help me understand the hierarchy.  Who, and
> > how are they are selected, make the decisions and how do they relate to
> > those that do the work, and how do they all relate to those who for 2
> > decades have been employing the system and feedback with problems and
> > bugs.
>
> All this information is availble on the web, so I don't know why you
> want me to paraphrase it for you.

I had already looked these up for Kat, but accidentally sent them to her
off-list.  (I must have pressed r not l)  Here they are again, Kat:  In fact,
here is the whole of the post I sent off-list by mistake.

On Wednesday 12 April 2017 17:40:00 GiaThnYgeia wrote:
> David Wright:
> >> Has Debian always been this crazy and am I so new to this madness?
> >
> > If you don't like it, you're free to look elsewhere for a distribution
> > that better suits you.
>
> Are you mr.Debian?  Under what authority are you telling me to either
> shut up or leave?  What makes you more Debian than me?

He is knowledgeable, helps on this list and has been using it for a long time.

> Why don't you
> leave if you don't like criticism?
> If there is reason for madness, in which I accept I am new to, I will
> have to discover it.  Saying that simply madness is normal and whoever
> does not like it should leave doesn't justify madness.
> If you like to contribute to my lack of understanding and possibly
> unsubstantiated criticism, help me understand the hierarchy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Debian_project_leaders
https://www.debian.org/devel/constitution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Social_Contract
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_Free_Software_Guidelines

GIYF.  Do try to use the occasional accurate fact.

As David says, If you don't like Debian, use something else.  If you do like
Debian, use it.  But do stop winging and blaming Debian for all your own
mistakes.

> Who, and
> how are they are selected, make the decisions and how do they relate to
> those that do the work, and how do they all relate to those who for 2
> decades have been employing the system and feedback with problems and bugs.

See above.  Why don't you EVER try to get some facts?  Just Google
occasionally.

Lisi