Re: The file could not be renamed

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 01:18:57PM -0400, FUD Account wrote:
> I have Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.73-2+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> with XFCE4 desktop manager.  Every time I go to rename a file in from 25
> to 26 seconds a window pops up stating below;

> The file could not be renamed
>
> Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
>
> I tried putting a "export NO_AT_BRIDGE=1" in the "environment" file under
> "/etc" to no avail.

You need to be more specific. How do you "go to rename" a file? From a bash
shell? Some graphical file manager, e.g. caja? Are these files actually
remote as your error message indicates, or local? Can you rename local files,
if they're remote? Do you have the correct privileges (write) to change the
name? Can you change the name as superuser? Etc.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!