The file could not be renamed

I have Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.73-2+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux with XFCE4 desktop manager.
Every time I go to rename a file in from 25 to 26 seconds a window pops up stating below;

The file could not be renamed

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

I tried putting a "export NO_AT_BRIDGE=1" in the "environment" file under "/etc" to no avail.

Thanks