Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 08:32:27 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 07:01:45AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Eh? You *do* have a choice of which init system to run; many people
>> running Debian are still using sysvinit, myself included. The system
>> handles this just fine; if you file a bug report via e.g. reportbug, it
>> will automatically detect which init system you're running and include
>> that information in the bug report.
>>
>> What you don't have is a choice *in the installer* of which init system
>> to *start out with* ...
>
> I've never been a Debian developer. What would the admin team do if
> someone forked the installer to add that option and submitted it as a
> variant?

That idea is welcome here!
I administer few servers and desktops that were with Debian; and i had to
install OpenBSD on servers, and Slackware on Desktops, both are great!
My personal server is 1 Wheezy 100% without Systemd. The change was
because owners considered Debian/Systemd as untrusted!