Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

I think choice in food is important - e.g. flavours of spam:

Closed Source:

Regular Spam Hot & Spicy Spam Jalapeño Spam Spam with Black Pepper Low Sodium Spam Low Fat Spam Roast Turkey Spam Hickory Smoked Spam Spam Spread  Bacon Spam Cheese Spam Garlic Spam Teriyaki Spam Chorizo Spam Macadamia Nut Spam Portuguese Sausage Spam

Open Source

Systemd Spam
Openrc Spam

etc

Regards

MF

On 3 April 2017 at 13:32, Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 07:01:45AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

> Eh? You *do* have a choice of which init system to run; many people
> running Debian are still using sysvinit, myself included. The system
> handles this just fine; if you file a bug report via e.g. reportbug, it
> will automatically detect which init system you're running and include
> that information in the bug report.
>
> What you don't have is a choice *in the installer* of which init system
> to *start out with* ...

I've never been a Debian developer. What would the admin team do if someone
forked the installer to add that option and submitted it as a variant?
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!