Future upgrade from Stretch RC2 to release

Hi,

I am considering changing from OpenSUSE to Debian for my e-mail server but I expect a learning curve. I'm sorry if my questions are basic, but please bear with me.

* Is there any chance that Stretch will be stable by 2017-05-16 when OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 goes EOL?

* Is it advisable to install Stretch RC2 today, start configuring the server, and later upgrade to the release version before going into productive use? Is there a risk for problems with such an approach?

* Should I instead install 8.7 and later upgrade to Stretch? The only reason for me to look for an alternative to OpenSUSE is the short productive life of each release and too frequent configuration changes.

* Does anybody know if Squirrelmail is working properly with PHP7 now? (I know that this is off-topic.)

Grateful for your input. Thanks in advance.

Niclas