Re: Package name HELP!

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Ayoub Hamdaoui <ihmd001@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am using Debian 9 (Testing) with KDE
> when I press hotkeys for disabling touchpad (FN + F1) the touchpad got
> disabled but when I press the combination again it sends disable command
> again! it doesn't toggle thee state, it disable it in all cases! so I want
> to know the package name to report !
> Thank you in advance!

Is the problem specific to KDE? For example, does the touchpad perform
as expected if you run another desktop environment such as Xfce or
LXDE?

If the problem is specific to KDE, I would start with plasma-desktop
and request the maintainer to reassign as he sees fit.

If the problem is not specific to KDE, then it could be due to the
driver. I see five packages which provide input drivers for touchpads.

 % apt-cache search touchpad driver
xserver-xorg-input-mtrack - Multitouch X input driver
xserver-xorg-input-multitouch - Multitouch X input driver
xserver-xorg-input-libinput - X.Org X server -- libinput input driver
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics - Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-dev - Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org
server (development headers)

If you are using any of these, try to reduce the problem to a single
package and then report the bug against it.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog