Re: `Filter failed' no print error message

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Tue 07 Mar 2017 at 15:41:54 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>

>> Thanks, `cups' alone was enough.  Now the printer seems to be configured.
>> But it does not print, and, when I get into `jobs', I see they are stopped
>> with "Filter failed" claim.  What can I do?  Please help.  Thanks.
>
> Read the wiki and find out how to activate debug logging. Produce an
> error_log and examine it for the filters which are run and which one
> failed. Tell us about all the filters.
>
> Also, post your printer make and model and the output of 'lpstat -t'.

I noticed that CUPS does not really provide the PPD file I'm adding.  In fact,
there in the managing section, `Modify Printer', where it says `Or Provide a
PPD File', I select the file: ML-191xspl2.ppd, which is in my home directory,
then click on `Modify Printer' and it seems all right; but then, when I get
into it again, the file is no more there, and there is `No file selected'
instead.  Maybe this is related to my `Filter failed' problem...?

Rodolfo