Re: `Filter failed' no print error message (was: Printing packages)

On Tue 07 Mar 2017 at 15:41:54 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:
>
> > On Sun 05 Mar 2017 at 20:07:22 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> >
> >> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
> >>

> >> I installed:
> >>
> >>   cups cups-bsd cups-client libcupsimage2 printer-driver-gutenprint
> >
> > For what purpose do you need cups-bsd?
> >
> > cups-client and libcupsimage2 are Depends: of cups. 'apt-get install cups'
> > gives you them. printer-driver-gutenprint is a Recommends:; you should get
> > that too.
>

> Thanks, `cups' alone was enough.  Now the printer seems to be configured.  But
> it does not print, and, when I get into `jobs', I see they are stopped with
> "Filter failed" claim.  What can I do?  Please help.  Thanks.

Read the wiki and find out how to activate debug logging. Produce an
error_log and examine it for the filters which are run and which one
failed. Tell us about all the filters.

Also, post your printer make and model and the output of 'lpstat -t'.

--
Brian,