Re: why??why?why??

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 02:09:22 +0000 (UTC) Shahryar Afifi
<shahryarafifi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> why o why...
> why debian keeps getting fancier like other operating system.
> debian is a linux machine, not some toy like apple.
> we dont need gnome 3 taking too much ram, in fact we dont need any
> graphical runtime. they dont wanna support  the poor wheezy for
> what ??? and why ?? its the most stable OS ever.. thats why they
> called it old stable. why cant i add libpam-fprindt 1:0.5 to my
> wheezy so i can run my fingerprint ?? why nautilus in jessie is so
> fancy ?? when i work on my wheezy, everything is just right even when
> they say "its init and PID runs one by one" so what.. its a computer
> and should look like and act like a computer. i dont wanna give up my
> reliability to some fancy mancy.. :(
> SH.A

Your complaints are against the consequences of a market-based business
model. Fortunately with Linux, unlike Windows or OSX, you have the
option of choosing what and what not to install.  So, do so.  Start
with a terminal install and go from there.  That's what I did with
Wheezy when I upgraded from Fedora 12 five years ago.

Or there's always the Linux From Scratch (LFS) Project.  Or Arch or
Gentoo.