Re: wlan0 hw address changes

Let's try to add some informations... my wifi interface is:

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01)

I've tried to use an external PCI-express wifi card:

06:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR5418 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5008E 802.11(a)bgn] (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

seen as wls1 by the OS.

Different things, different kernel modules (b43 vs ath9k). The system changes the hw ethernet address of both interfaces as soon as it brings them up, the assigned ethernet address is never the same and changes completely (even in the vendor part) each time. It has to be something at higher level than the firmware or kernel module, because it happens with different firmwares and kernel modules. Just to recap, macchanger is not installed and systemd-networkd is not configured nor running.

Any clues?