Re: How to >>COMPLETELY<< remove an application?

On Wed 08 Mar 2017 at 13:34:08 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 03/08/2017 12:32 PM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> >On 3/8/17, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

[Lots of snipping to get to to the heart of the question]

> >>What is the most effective way to completely remove an application?

[More snipping]

> >purge
> >           purge is identical to remove except that packages are removed and
> >           purged (any configuration files are deleted too).

[And even more]

> You got me looking at man-apt get.

Good thinking. You will have re-acquainted yourself with the purge
option and seen it is a complete answer to your query.

> It reminded me that I should clean my cache between test runs from a
> repeatability perspective. It might explain some warning [rather than error]
> messages I've gotten. I'm doing peculiar things, why shouldn't I get
> peculiar messages.

"clean my cache"? Is this something to do with personal hygiene? Please
elaborate.