RE: root@localhost mail not forwarding in Exim

Hi,

>[....]
> so, if I want to use mail.example.com as my fqdn, and the old fqdn was something.else and root@something.else was redirecting mail to me@something.else ... then what do I need to change in Exim to make this happen?

Is it maybe the aliases setting?
Probably you edited the \etc\aliases file, it defines where to forward mail to. There will be a line like:
root: me
or
root: me@mail.example.com
After saving the file it needs to be processed by the command
 newaliases
If you skip this file then mail to root will go to the old forward address and will fail if that no longer exists.

Bonno Bloksma