Re: upgraded config files in /lib/systemd/system

Dominique Dumont <dod@debian.org> writes:

> On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 14:01:18 CET Harald Dunkel wrote:
>> short question about /lib/systemd/system: AFAICS the config
>> files here are supposed to be overridden by local config files
>> in /etc/systemd/system, using the same path, as described in
>> systemd.unit(5)
>>
>> How can I make sure that there is a conflict dialog at upgrade
>> time, if I have to modify the unit file shipped with my package?
>
> I don't understand why a change in /lib/systemd/system should trigger a
> conflict warning.
>
> Either you have changed a value not modified by end user and there's no conflict
>
> Or you change a value overridden by user, then your change is not taken into
> account by systemd: conflict is solved by giving priority to user value.
>
> Did I miss something ?
>
> All the best
> --
>  https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
> http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org

IIRC in the "old" world, if you had a modified version of a config
file and an update modified the original released version, you got
a warning and a dialog which let you decide how to proceed.

The question is whether or not you will get such a warning using the
described method of modifying a config file by publishing a new
version in the override directory.