Re: Cepstral swift and Debian Stretch

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 06:52:56AM -0500, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> My comment below:
>

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 12:30:25PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> > [took the liberty to fix top-post]
> >
> > > Here is what file says:
> > >
> > > /opt/swift/bin/swift.bin: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
> > > (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2,
> > > for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped
> >
> > How did this swift.bin arrive to your disk? (I mean: download, unpack,
> > etc.)
> >
> > Suspecting some corruption along the way (e.g. line-end transformation
> > by text mode in ftp, some (un)packer or similar).
>
> The Cepstral was obtained from a direct link to www.cepstral.com which
> support gave me, via wget. There was an earlier package that was in
> fact first downloaded to a Windows machine and then moved to Debian,
> but while Windows unzipped it without changing its name, it eventually
> produced the error I am now getting with the directly downloaded
> package. BTW, I failed to show the output of file for the symlink,
> which looks like this:
>
> /usr/local/bin/swift: symbolic link to /opt/swift/bin/swift
>
> I notice that it does not point to swift.bin, but to a directory
> containing it.

Is /opt/swift/bin/swift really a directory? I'd expect it to be
just a shell script invoking swift.bin (after possibly setting
up some environment).

> Either way, it runs under Arch on this box, but not under Debian.

Hmmm. "it" meaning the very same file, i.e. Arch and Debian share a
file system? Or a copy of the file?

If the last is the case, could you compare their checksums, i.e.

  sha1sum /opt/swift/bin/swift.bin

Are they equal?

(No need to do it if the first is the case, of course).

Just a shot in the dark: quoting a previous mail from you

> Here is what file says:
>
> /opt/swift/bin/swift.bin: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
> (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2,
> for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

Does /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 exist on your Debian box? (would be
strange if not, but hey...)

regards
- -- tomás