Re: [solved?] Re: Secure Boot won't let boot into Debian

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 08:36:04 +0000 Rodolfo Medina
<rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I frehly installed Debian Sid in dual boot with Windows 10 on my
> > brand new Lenovo desktop pc but it won't boot into Debian system I
> > suspect because of the new Secure Boot policy.  I want to disable
> > it but the problem is that there's no Secure Boot option anywhere
> > in its Bios.  In fact, in the Security submenu, there are only the
> > options for administrator and power-on password setting.
> >
> > What do you suggest me to do?
>

> I tried to install Debian again so to do as suggested by Pascal,
> i.e.  install GRUB in the "removable path"; but this time strangely
> the installation wouldn't proceed up to end and stopped at a certain
> point.  Then I was tired with all that stuff, all those Legacy
> problems and so on, and did GiaThnYgeia's way and formatted the drive
> and got rid of that stupid system it came with: now Debian runs
> without problems.  I left some free space on disk so to install
> Windows 10 later on...  maybe ;-)

I would just install Windows 10 in a virtual machine like VirtualBox
with Debian as the host. No need for dual booting.  Although you may
have to contact Microsoft directly to get W10 authenicated.  You'll
need sufficient RAM, too.