What is the equivalent of the "/sbin/autoboot" command from for ppc64 Macintosh

On powerpc (32-bit) machines, the Debian powerpc-utils package provides the /sbin/autoboot command, which sets the machine’s pmu (power management unit?) chip to automatically reboot it after a power failure.  For 64-bit machines, such as the PowerMac G5, Apple replaced the pmu by the smu (system maintenance unit?), which has a different command interface.

As a consequence, when I execute “/sbin/autoboot -v on” on my G5, I get “Automatic boot status unchanged”.

Is there any way to replicate the “autoboot” functionality on a powerpc64 Mac?

Thanks!
Rick