Re: Attempt to run debootstrap

On Qua, 22 Fev 2017, Richard Owlett wrote:

I wish to use debootstrap to make a minimal but functional install of
Debian to /dev/sda9.

It did not create a line on the boot menu to run the Debian on
/dev/sda9 .

Nor it is expected that it would.

As reference [4] says "...your new system has no kernel installed and
is also missing ..." The instructions it gives are not
suitable for my environment.

Can someone recommend a reference that covers my circumstances?
TIA

chroot to the new install and install a kernel normally (apt-get install linux-image-amd64 or similar).

Install os-prober if don't already have it in the main system (the one that houses grub), then update-grub should find the new OS.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br